Department of Textile and Fashion Designing
About the Department
B.Sc Textile and Fashion Designing program was started in the year of 2006 to develop qualified, skilled and competent graduates to take up the challenges of the industry. Curriculum is drawn with thought –provoking concepts in the field of Apparel Fashion designing, Manufacturing, Merchandising and Quality Assurance and the department enjoys sophisticated lab specialties like CAD Lab, Textile Testing Lab, Textile Processing Lab, Garment Construction Lab, Fashion Sketching and Illustration Lab, Pattern Making Lab and Draping Lab.
B.Sc Textile and Fashion Designing-Sanctioned Strength: 44
To create globally-competitive and socially responsible graduates for the Textile and Garment Industry through a strong emphasis on integrated education, innovative hands on training, upgraded skills and Industrial Linkages.
- ‣ To enlighten the students about the latest technology in Apparel and Textile Industries through value-based education, innovative practices and multi-disciplinary approach.
- ‣ To develop the entrepreneurial skills among the students for entrepreneurial ventures by providing infra-structure, human resource and consultancy.
A candidate who has passed in Higher Secondary Examination (Academic stream or Vocational stream) under Higher Secondary Board of Examination, Tamilnadu as per norms set by the Government of Tamilnadu or an Examination accepted as equivalent thereto by the syndicate, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed thereto are permitted to appear and qualify for the Bachelor of Science in Textile and Fashion Designing degree examination of this university after a course of study of three academic years.
- Arts & Crafts
- 1.Beauty Care (practical)
- To Gain knowledge on beauty care.
- To Develop and Understand about various kinds of Make ups and Hair styles.
- 2.Fashion Photography
- To educate on principles of photography. Different techniques and lighting methods.
- To educate on different types of photography equipment.
- Photography for different media, printing techniques.
- To impart knowledge on videography and computer applications in photography.
- Communicative Hindi
- To import the knowledge in Hindi, Read and understanding the simple phrases
Skill Based Course Details
- SBC I: Practical – Computer Application in Fashion-I ---- To train the students in Corel draw/Adobe Illustrator software to create visual design.
- SBC II: Practical – Computer Application in Fashion-II ---- To train the students in computer application for Textile and Fashion Design
- Surface ornamentation and Accessories makinG ---- To develop the knowledge in embroidery and jewellery making according to latest trend.
- Portfolio presentation ---- To understand fashion forecasting in terms of design details, fabric accessories and to learn preparation of mood board color board and fabric swatches.
- 1. CLOTHING CARE
- To know the properties of water and soaps
- To acquire knowledge on different garment care technique
- To analyze the various symbol of care labeling
- FASHION PROMOTION AND VISUAL MERCHANDISING
- To acquire knowledge and understand the promotion of fashion.
- To gain knowledge about the store layout and design
Self-Study Course Details
- Home Textiles - To educate the students to understand what are the home products available out of textile materials and how to manufacturing and market them