ACM-W supports, celebrates, and advocates internationally for the full engagement of women in all aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and services to ACM members and working in the larger community to advance the contributions of technical women.
What can an ACM-W Student Chapter do?
- Activities to educate women about the opportunities in the computing field;
- Engage women students in exciting computing activities;
- Connect students with women leaders in the field;
- Encourage students to promote the field of computing to young girls;
- Promote the activities of ACM;
- Network with other ACM-W Chapter leaders and members;
- Mentor chapter members and pre-college girls;
- Broaden the computing community; and
- Extend the “conversation” about why it’s important to increase the number of women in computing.