IT Systems & Infrastructure
The campus network runs on a 10 GB backbone and offers 1 GB connectivity to the desktop. It maintains the college digital infrastructure, which includes one data server and virtualized switching infrastructure. More than 15 servers (half of which are virtual) run on Red Hat’s virtualization technology.
- Equipped labs with features such as fiber-optic connections, computer-aided instruction, Internet access, and data/power at every seat.
- Residence halls offer unparalleled desktop connectivity: quad power outlets, quad Cat6 copper for voice/data, CATV, and fiber-optic capability.
- Campus has fully converged network running voice, video and data on one network infrastructure.
- The Media Control Center provides A/V resources and signals campus wide and beyond.
- Network infrastructure supports up to 1GB Ethernet.
- Interpreting and enforcing industry standards for cabling, environmental spaces, electrical, grounding and building codes as they relate to communications infrastructure